In a Venn diagram, with extortionate prices on one side and market-leading specs on the other, no other mobile phone fills the crossover as well as Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra deals.
Launching with an RRP of £1,199 for the lowest-spec version, the Ultra smashed all of our pre-conceived beliefs of what an expensive phone looked like. It even managed to sneak past Apple’s best attempt at breaking your bank with the £1,149 iPhone 11 Pro Max.
But obviously, at a price like this, the Ultra is a truly exceptional handset. It’s market-leading in terms of screen quality, camera specs and has even taken the general size of the handset to new heights. And clearly it is popular as it previously sold out direct from Samsung.
So yes, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra deals are pricey, oh so pricey, but if you want the best from Samsung and probably even in general across the entire phone market, the Ultra is looking like that choice.
If you’re going to invest in pre-ordering this handset, you will want to find the absolute best price, and that’s why we’ve picked out the cheapest Ultra deals we’ve seen so far and included some information on how to save money on it below.
- Mobile phone deals: see all of the best offers in one place
The cheapest way to get a Samsung Galaxy Ultra:
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra: at John Lewis | SIM-free| £1199
Got the cash to splash upfront? The cheapest way to get the S20 Ultra will actually be to just get it SIM-free and then pair it with an affordable SIM only deal. Obviously, with the RRP set at £1199, this is easier said than done, but once you’ve paid that fee you can grab an affordable SIM, like Three’s 8GB for £8 option or Smarty’s 50GB for £15 plan and massively undercut any contracts.View Deal
The best Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra deals:
Securing the best value on your S20 Ultra:
There’s a few key things to note when buying the S20 Ultra, none of which will- drastically reduce the price but they will all help to secure the best value:
– Galaxy Buds: When buying either the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus or Ultra in the pre-order period, Samsung will throw in a free pair of its new Galaxy Buds Plus. Make sure to claim your pair when you buy the phone as they are a valuable freebie.
– Trade-in: Just like in previous years, Samsung is offering trade-in discounts on all three new devices. Depending on what phone you have now, you can trade it in to score a discount of up to £450. This will massively help to dampen down the costs.
– Compare options: Do your research. We’ve included the best prices we’ve seen but it’s worth fully looking through our best Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra deals guide to find a contract that best fits you.
– Consider all three devices: Yes, the Ultra is the most powerful and most impressive of the three handsets but it costs a lot more. Consider the drop down to Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus deals to save some cash while still securing the free buds. Or if you just want the cheapest option, Samsung Galaxy S20 deals are still great.
What is the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra like?
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra looks to be one of the best smartphones we’ve seen for a while. Building on the already impressive Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, this new handset builds on the core specs – boosting the battery to 5000mAh, the screen to a massive 6.9-inches and cramming in 12GB of RAM.
Where we’ve seen the most improvements and where most people will be interested is in the camera. The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra features ‘Space Zoom’, taking the hybrid optical zoom up to 10x and allowing for zooms all the way up to 100x.
Trying to include all of the features the Ultra has would take us all day so consult our full review to find out more.
Read our full Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra review