When phone battery is dead and do not have charger. There is one thing that can save you: Power bank. It has become common these days. Our market is flooded with different power banks. Yantragyan comes to your rescue
Read below to know about power banks and how to choose one.
1) What’s a power bank ?
Power bank can be defined as a bigger battery source to charge your phone or other gadgets. It serves as an ‘extra battery’ or external charger for your phone or other electronic devices.
2) What is power bank made of?
Most of the them are usually have cells in them. Cells can be of lithium ion, lithium Polymer or Nickel Cadmium.
3) How do I charge a power bank ?
It can be charged same as any phone or tablet. Just connect the charger that came with your phone, computer USB port.
4) How long does it take to charge the power bank fully ?
It depends on the it’s CAPACITY . The larger is CAPACITY, the longer is the charging time required. Different charging methods may result different charging time as well.
Charging with the original charger will be faster than charging with computer usb port.
Current rating of charger – Charger with higher current will charge faster
Even though using the same charging method, the charging time may be different due to environment,temperature(more temperature will increase charging time.), current flow and etc.
Internal of power bank
5) What is mAh?
mAh mean milli Ampere Hour, the capacity of the power bank is measured in mAh.
6) Is 12000mAh REAL CAPACITY power bank, able to charge a 1500mAh capacity phone for 8 times full?
This is a common mistake made by most people. Actually its not straight mathematics.There are many more things to look for like ‘efficiency’ of charger that ranges from 80% for normal power bank at 94% for branded power bank. Efficiency increases or decreases with change in current. Internal components of the bank also affect this factor.
7) What are the different types of power bank ?
The common type will be 18650(Li-ion type)and a better type will be Li-Polymer found in reputed brands.
8) What’s the different between 18650 and Li-Polymer ?
– 18650’s(Li-Ion type) size and dimensions are fixed. Whereas Li-Polymer type is flexible in size and dimension.
– 18650 produces more heat whereas heat dissipation of Li-Polymer is better. It is much more safer.
– 18650 are cheaper than Li-Polymer.
– 18650 type have higher self discharge rate. Li-Polymer have a very low self discharge rate. This means that battery percentage will get low fast in-case of 18650 and slower in case of Li-polymer when both are not in use.
– 18650 need less maintenance than Li-polymer
– Li-Polymer battery capacity are more durable than 18650 in long run.
9) What’s phone battery health ?
It simply means how ‘healthy’ is your phone battery. By the time Phone battery storage capacity will be lower and lower eventually.
You may have thought why our phone’s battery backup is good when it is new than after 3-6 months of usage, battery backup reduces. Battery calculations are also different for different mobile phone models as some phone drain battery faster in some mobiles compared to some other.
10) What’s PCB ?
PCB means Printed Circuit Board. It has all the components like microchip embedded on it its controls the function of current flow inside the power bank. A good quality PCB will allow the power bank to charge more and have better durability.
11) Is there a difference between branded power bank and generic power bank ?
Branded or Quality power bank mostly sell in REAL CAPACITY. Generic banks mostly sell in MARKETING CAPACITY. That’s the reason why you will never see any branded power bank (standard size) have anything as high as 30000mAh – 50000mAh rating. That’s also the reason why a good power bank with lower mAh are able to charge more or almost same compared to higher mAh rated generic power bank
12) Finally, Can Power bank explode. Is it safe ?
Anything concerned with battery, has a potential to explode. No matter if it’s quality power bank or generic power bank. Practically chances for it to explode are near to 0%. But, Make sure that your power bank has all the safety standard and come from respectable brand. If they were so easy to explode, Diwali mein yahi milte.
Follow yantragyan on Facebook for more updates.